1. 1. Customers renting a property through Sea Shells and Sandcastles, are referred to as “The Guest”.
2. The property is let on the basis that the accommodation is for holiday use only. The period booked cannot be exceeded and no rights to remain in the accommodation exist for The Guest or anyone in the party.
3. Rentals are for a maximum of 28 days and commence at 3.00 pm on the first day of the rental and end at 10.00 am on the day of departure, when the property must be vacated and the keys returned. The period of rental is hereafter referred to as ‘The Holiday’.
4. The Guest shall not sublet the holiday accommodation or any part thereof during the period of their stay. Only guests named on the booking are eligible to stay at the property.
5. The Guest has the right to occupy the property for a holiday only (within the meaning of Schedule 1, Paragraph 9 of the Housing Act 1988).
6. All bookings made online at our website, or via a third party website, are always subject to approval and written confirmation at the discretion of Sea Shells and Sandcastles.
7. If a booking is made eight weeks or more before the Holiday is due to start, a non-
8. If a booking is made less than eight weeks before the Holiday is due to start, the full rent, plus damage/security deposit, must be paid at the time of booking to ‘Sea Shells and Sandcastles’ (see point 15).
9. All bookings remain provisional until the Guest has received confirmation from Sea Shells and Sandcastles in writing (the ‘Booking Confirmation’).
10. As soon as the booking is received and accepted by us, the Guest is liable for payment of the balance of the rent, along with any additional charges. Payment of the rent and additional charges must be made eight weeks before the start of the Holiday (the ‘Due Date’) and non-
11. We strongly recommend that the Guest takes out suitable holiday cancellation insurance. Insurance should cover all risks, including cancellation, accident, breakdown, loss or damage to personal property.
12. Guests and their visitors are responsible for their own personal property and we shall not be held responsible or liable for any injury sustained or for any loss or damage suffered to the Guest or members of the party.
13. A booking can only be cancelled prior to the start of the holiday. A Guest that wishes to cancel the Holiday must do so in writing as soon as possible. In the event of a cancellation we will try to let re-
56 days or more Deposit
If we are successful in re-
14. Any bank charges incurred for handling dishonoured cheques, bank transfers or other payments will be passed onto the
Guest. All bank charges for handling payments from overseas Guests will be passed on to the Guest. We reserve the right to deduct all bank charges from the damage/security deposit (see point 15).
15. A damage/security deposit of £100 is held per booking and will be refunded, or the balance after any deductions are made, within 14 days of departure. Please note that damages and losses are not limited to the £100 security/damage deposit and any costs in excess of this amount will be invoiced and must be paid in full.
16. It is the Guests responsibility to maintain and leave the property in a clean and tidy condition, as found on arrival. All waste should be removed from the property, and all items returned to their original place. We reserve the right to withhold all or part of the damage/security deposit (see point 15) towards extra cleaning costs if the property has not been left in a reasonable condition, or if the property has not been vacated on time.
17. Any faults or breakages should be reported immediately. An inventory is provided in the property and any discrepancies are to be reported to us within 24 hours of arrival, otherwise the inventory will be deemed to be correct.
18. We cannot accept liability for events that occur outside of our control, such as (but not restricted to) normal breakdown of appliances, plumbing, wiring or damage caused from exceptional weather conditions. We will endeavour to take immediate action to try to effect a speedy recovery.
19. If for any reason beyond our control the property is not available on the date booked (for example, because of fire damage, flood, etc) or if the property becomes unsuitable or unavailable for holiday letting, all rent and charges paid in advance by the Guest will be refunded in full. The Guest shall have no further claim against us.
20. Whilst every effort has been made to describe as fully as possible the property, we cannot accept any responsibility for changes made at a later date.
21. All details are given to be in good faith and believed to be correct. We cannot be held responsible for any disappointment caused where a customer has a differing expectation to those detailed in the description.
22. We cannot accept responsibility for work taking place outside the boundary of the property nor for any noise or nuisance arising from works for which we have no control.
23. One allocated parking space is provided, however, parking is entirely at Guests own risk.
24. In the unlikely event that Guests have cause for complaint, the matter should be taken up with us immediately. Compensation cannot be granted for complaints made after the holiday has ended when the Guest has denied us the opportunity to investigate and endeavour to put things right during the Holiday.
25. We reserve the right to access the property at any time during any holiday occupancy.
26. The property is a non-
27. We are unable to accommodate pets.
28. Guests must agree to comply with The Sands Management Rules / Cordyline Croft Management rules at all times.
29. Guests must respect the well-
30. We reserve the right to amend prices quoted, due to errors or omissions, at any time.
31. We reserve the right to terminate a confirmed booking at any time until the day of arrival.
32. These booking conditions apply to all confirmed bookings. The person who makes the booking certifies that he or she is authorised to agree the Terms and Conditions on behalf of all persons included on the booking form, including those substituted or included at a later date. He or she agrees to take responsibility for the party occupying the property.